Saturday, January 11, 2014

#1 Flash Frozen 5K

1.11.14~FLASH FROZEN~ Monroe, MI

  • 5K Time: 37:21
  • Placed 3rd in Age Group ( woo hoo ) might have only been 3 in my age group, but this was a great accomplishment in my book, that's for sure.
I got to the race at 9am, and was parked in the wrong parking lot. I thought for about 30 minutes that I was going to turn around and just run my "own" race. I started home, and then thought that was ridiculous. Turned back around and found that I was in the wrong lot...found the correct spot and registered very easily. This race, as small as it was, was very organized, staff was great, ton's of prizes (probably like 30) and about 50 racers is my best guess.

It was about 40 degrees this morning, raining, super foggy, and honestly pretty great weather for running. I felt rather sluggish since I've been pretty sick, but about 12 minutes in, I felt a little better. Also was getting a little cramping, which never happens, so I took a few walk breaks for about 1 minute each ( I think 3 in total).

This is a link to the Monroe news which covered the race and there are a few "action photos" LOL
http://monroenews.smugmug.com/Flash-Frozen-5K-RunWalk/i-HzcnMZG

Below are a few photo's from this morning, along with my T-shirt and medal for placing 3rd!




















Next Up..... Race #2 ~AutoShow Shuffle 5K. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment