Saturday, January 18, 2014

#2 AutoShow Shuffle 5K

1.18.14~ AutoShow Shuffle 5K--Detroit, MI

HOLY FREEZING this morning!!! I think it was 6, but it felt like -60, and my feet were asleep until 1/2 way through. However... I DID NOT STOP RUNNING today. This is the first time I have done a 5K (since college) that I ran the entire thing without stopping. My time was 36.17, so a minute faster than last week. Super proud of that accomplishment alone.

Detroit is really pretty in the morning when the sun is coming up. And the race path was great. All of the roads were salted, no icy spots, and the lineup of food at the end was clutch. Chocolate Milk is delicious!!!

Below are some photo's from this morning.


This is right afterwards...super pretty sunrise :)
 The Ice looked really cool. Marna was telling me about how when the ice moves over each other it makes this really cool sound, which I didn't hear at this point in the race because I had my headphones in. However...I did hear it on the last leg. And...it did sound really cool.


 Good Morning Canada!



 This says 36:41, but my real time was 36:17





Chocolate Milk!! Yum


GroundHog 5K is Feb 3rd....so I have a little break until then :)

2 down....28 to go :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment