Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#8 Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5K

Lots of people running this one!!! Autumn led the charge to get people involved in this race, and I'm so glad that she did. This one not only was my favorite so far,  but also humbled me in many ways. This race was supporting the ABTA ( American Brain Tumor Association) and directly has effected people in my life in ways that are hard to imagine. I am so glad that a lot of my family was able to participate in this race, and it was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning!

Evan, Janna, and I did the 5K run, which was a couple of laps around the Providence Hospital in Novi. Marg and her friend Ursula did the 5K walk.

It was  by FAR the best weather yet so far this year for a race. A little chilly at the start, but about 3 seconds into running it was pretty hot.

My friends Autumn, Phil, Eva, Lisa and her daughter also participated in the run/walk supporting Lisa's husband that passed away from a brain tumor 2 years ago at a very young age. ( TEAM ERIC). Evan, Janna, Ursula, Marg, and I were running for Team Tom!!

 The Finish Line was really interesting...they had two fire trucks ladders up with the American Flag flying under it.
 Janna, Marg, Ursula, and Evie!
 Janna, Me, Marg, and Evan...pregaming

 Great Photo of Evan's Dad!

 Look who I found!!! Phil and Eva
 Cutest family EVER!!! Autumn, Phil and Eva!


Waiting for the race to start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment